The art supplies I use for traditional painting and drawing
- Paper. I use mid to high density paper. 150gr/cm2 is good enough for drawings and allows for light wet technique too.
- Sketchbook. The ones I like the most are by the brand Stillman & Brin, simply fantastic.
- Graphite. I use Faber Castell, HB, 2B, 5B. Normally I start with a line drawing using a HB, and change later to 2B and darker values.
- Oil Paints. The brand I try to use is Rembrandt. They are good quality and easy to find in most of the art stores.
- Canvas. I really do not spend too much time to select them, quality is not as good as in the old times.
- Other supports. I like to paint on wooden boards, but they are heavier than linen canvas.
- Easel. Nothing special. Really does not matter too much to me.
- Mediums. I use several basic ones and then make my own magic liquids. I use quick painting medium from Winsor&Newton, Liquin, cobalt siccative, and retouching varnish.